We know from Ephesians 4:11 that Apostles and Prophets are key offices for equipping the saints for the work of the ministry. We also know that according to Colossians 3:16 that songs are a form of teaching.
So songs written with Apostolic and Prophetic revelation becomes songs that help to equip the believers. When we have new revelation or understanding then new songs help to teach those revelations.
When I was introduced to the prophetic movement and began to sing songs of prophecy it then stirred my faith for prophesying. Not only prophesying but writing songs about the prophetic and the messages released in the prophetic movement.
After more than 25 years in the prophetic and apostolic flow here at Christian International I have come to appreciate these benefits more than ever.
Six Benefits Of Singing New Worship Songs Written From Apostolic and Prophetic Revelation
1. New Songs Serve As A Way To Publish New Revelation. Then the church can begin to sing what the prophets and apostles are saying for this season.
2. New Songs Help To Solidify New Revelation. By singing that new revelation, we can embed that truth into our spirit, mind, and way of life.
3. New Songs Help To Prophesy Our Destination. Singing is a form of declaring and when we sing prophetic decrees or songs we are declaring the word of the Lord and coming into alignment and agreement with those words.
4. New Songs Release New Seasons. They help to remind us that we are in a different season than before. Our faith is focused on the new season.
5. New Songs Release A New Confidence. When we hear and repeat truth that truth can set us free and freedom causes a new confidence and faith to act.
6. New Songs Cause New Behaviors. Because sound is movement, new messages released through new sounds and songs awaken a new movement or action within us causing new behaviors.
Revelation from church leaders causes the church to grow and singing that revelation helps to quicken that growth.
We believe what we sing so let’s sing what we believe. Let us sing with the Spirit and sing with understanding too.
Please share my blog and add any comments you may have.